The development takes into account a phasing between the built programme, public space and infrastructure. This phasing takes into account the concessions underway in the area and the possibility of redeveloping or reclassifying existing programmes.
2007: the government of the Brussels-Capital region adopts an International Development Plan (IDP) to secure its prestige and appeal among Europe’s major cities.
2010: Designation of KCAP as “Chief Urban Planner” among 35 candidates, to draw up a Masterplan for the area
2012: Launch of NEO1 contract
- Inauguration of Hall 12, large multipurpose show venue with a capacity of up to 15,000
- Launch of NEO2 contract
- Awarding of the NEO1 contract to Europea
- Launch of NEO2 invitation to tender
2017: Designation of design office Omgeving as designer of the Parc des Sports
- Awarding of the NEO2 contract to the CFE Cofinimmo Consortium
- NEO1 environmental and urban planning certificates obtained
- Application for a permit for the Parc des Sports
2019: Submission of applications for NEO1 permit